Ever wonder how you can change up your Easter decor? Well after reading our favorite blog, Honestly Yum, they gave us a great idea! Decoupage your Easter Eggs!
For all you newbies out there:
|The decoration of the surface of an object with paper cut-outs.
What you need:
- ostritch, emu or chicken eggshells
- color copies of vintage botanical prints or printed sheet paper
- egg stand or candle holder
- sharp scissors
- matte Mod Podge
- flat brush
What you do:
- Start by printing your favorite designs on regular printer paper. We lean more towards the floral designs because they are easy to cut out, but why not throw a ton of prints in there to make it pop?
- Take a pair of scissors & cut out the designs that you will be putting on your eggs.
- Apply Mod Podge directly onto the egg, instead of on the cut-out.
- Gently place the design onto the egg onto of the glue. Before the glue dries, make sure to smooth out any creases of bumps.
- Allow each peice to dry for about 10 minutes, before appying the next piece.
- Once all designs are on the egg, Mod Podge the whole egg with a top coat to seal the deal.
- Place on egg stands or candle stick holder to display for your family & friends!