Spring is in the air! And so is pollen, one of the common causes of Hay Fever. Children typically develop season allergies between the ages of 2 and 5.
Here are 7 signs to watch out for in determining whether your child has a cold, or suffers from seasonal allergies:
1. Family history. Either you, your child, or his father has also suffered from allergies, asthma, or eczema.
2. Lingering congestion. He's got a runny nose that doesn't clear up after a week or so.
3. Watery, itchy eyes accompany his congestion.
4. No fever. He's not running a temperature or complaining about body aches.
5. Rash. It can appear anywhere on his body.
6. Ear infection. Allergies can lead to inflammation in the ear.
7. He gets worse on days when the pollen count is high.
Original Story via Parenting.com