If you like shopping, hanging with the girls, & honesty.. then you'll love this blog!
A lifestyle junkie, Kristin is known for spotlighting unique trends within many arenas from beauty to travel to organic living..
XX Kristin Cruz is known as The @CuratorMom
My Mommy Mantra:"You had your time, you had the power. You've yet to have your finest hour."
From hiding under the covers at bedtime to splashing you with water when they're in the tub, your kids think it's absolutely hilarious to play pranks on you. This April Fools' Day, turn the tables on them with these tame, but totally fun, kid-friendly April Fools' pranks.
1. Brush up. Surpriseyour kids this April Fool's Day with a little toothpaste switcheroo. After breakfast, hand over their toothbrush -- but instead of the usual white paste, opt for something white, creamy and…sweet! Cream cheese or vanilla frosting will do the trick; if they use a colored kids' tooth gel, try using cake decorating gel instead.
2. Water works. Make a splash with this gag: Place a piece of clear tape on the faucet and then go ask your kid to wash his face before school -- he'll get soaked when the water sprays everywhere, and you'll get a huge laugh seeing his expression. Just do this before he actually gets dressed!
3. Whoopee! Put a whoopee cushion under your baby's highchair mat, under thebooster seat or car seat cover and see if you get a laugh from the baby, his fart-loving older brother or your hubs.
4. Fun with food. You tell your kids not to play with their food -- but you can, Mom! Put fake food, like a rubber apple or doughnut, on their breakfast plate and see if they take a bite.
5. Chill out. If your kids keep their toothbrush in a cup, this will be unforgettable. The night before, once they're in bed, fill the cup with water and stick in the toothbrush. Then freeze it. Put it in the bathroom right before they head in to brush their teeth. They won't be able to get their brushes out of the cold surprise!
6. A colorful drink. Add a few drops of food coloring to the carton of milk; when your child goes to pour it into her glass, or bowl of cereal, she'll get a colorful surprise -- bright pink (or blue, or green) milk!
7. Cupcakes for dinner. This one is a classic, and your kids will think you're the coolest mom ever -- for a moment at least. Bake up mini meatloaves in muffin cups (don't forget the colorful wrappers!). Then "frost" then with creamy mashed potatoes. See how long it takes for your kids to realize that you really aren't that cool after all.
8. My, you've grown. If your kids are still at an age where you lay out their clothes, then this one is perfect for you. Lay out their clothes as usual -- but use ones that are way too small. Be sure to really reinforce the idea, by telling them you think they've grown a lot overnight before they get dressed.
9. Make a mess. Tell your child he can have dessert if he cleans up his room and to come and get you when he's done. When he does, stall and have your partner run in and take all the toys out again. When you walk in, act surprised and say, "but this is still a mess!"
10. Get in bed! Borrow a summer camp classic and short sheet your kid's bed before bedtime -- when he tries to get in, you'll have the last laugh.