Meet Ash, one of our resident foodies:
Meet Britt, one of our resident foodies:
From a small farm town in So Cal to the big city of Los Angeles, Britt is living the life (on a budget but it's fabulous). You can catch her shopping her life away at Buffalo Exchange or Instagramming the latest trendy cafe in town. Not to mention a sucker for a killer Chai Tea Latte!
Meet Bianca, one of our resident foodies:
Bianca is a Southern California sista living her dream in Los Angeles. Keeping up with trends is what she lives for and she chases everything fun, fab and happening! You’ll probably spot her checking out a new restaurant, at a concert, or chatting with an upcoming designer. She loves Coca-Cola in a can...not in a bottle.
Meet Julie, our Vineal Vixen:
Julie Gauvin, accredited Junior Wine Expert and current serving Spokeswoman and Retail Director of Vine Winery, will be here to lend her expertise regarding all things wine. But most importantly, she’ll keep it interesting, light and fun for your drinking pleasure. Stay tuned as she helps you figure out what you like, where to find it, and what to pair it with. This newfound knowledge will give you that extra edge at the dinner table with friends, family or even on that hot date you have tonight. Check back every Wednesday to see what's new!
Meet Kasey, our LA Food Blogger:
This East Coast girl has recently traded in her New England Clam Chowda for California Rolls! Kasey has been whipping up delectable dishes in her kitchen since she was 10 years old. Combining ingredients and trying new concoctions became her favorite hobby. Kasey is a fabulous food blogger representing Kasey's Kitchen, her self-proclaimed food blog! Kasey attends a ton of fun food events around town and she is sharing her fun, healthy recipes with us every week!
The other night I was inspired by all the fresh produce I had delivered from Luci Organics (<---- Click for more details, they are amazing!) and I knew I wanted to make something full of veggies! BUT, I needed a little more bulk. I had some mashed potatoes left over in the fridge from The Mr.'s birthday dinner so that's when it hit me... Gnocchi! I did a little digging and figured out all you need is flour, an egg and potatoes. I was in business!
By the way, this recipe will be a 2 parter. We'll start with the Gnocchi and then I'll tell you about the sauce!
What You Need:
What You Do:
1. Bring a large pot to a boil and add salt to the water.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all your ingredients until you form a dough. If you find that it is too dry and crumbly then wet your hands and continue kneading the dough. Repeat the wet hands thing if necessary.
3. Roll out your dough into long snake pieces and cut them into 1/2 inch pillows. No, you don't need a ruler, just eye-ball it.
4. Drop the dough pillows into the boiling water. When they rise back up to the top, they are done. (About 5 minutes, no more) Pull them out with a straining tool of some sort and set aside until you're ready to use.
*KK Extra - Swap out the mashed potato with my Butternut Squash Puree and OMG! Delish with my Moscato Cream Sauce... that recipe will be coming soon for sure!
Garlic Tomato Sauce with Veggies
What You Need:
4. Put the hot mixture into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
5. In the same pot you already used, add a little bit more olive oil and saute the rest of your vegetables. If you're using onions, start with those first. It helps build the flavor. Add in your tomato sauce to the veggies, give it a few stirs and then top off your gnocchi or any other yummy pasta dish you'd like!
*KK Extra - Add in some crushed red pepper for an extra kick!
For more recipes check out the all new www.kaseyskitchen.com !
Don’t forget to get social!